Saturday, January 12, 2013

Bacon, mushroom, & gouda quiche

As often happens, I looked in my fridge and tried to decide what could be made from ingredients on hand. I was having guests for lunch this afternoon, so it needed to be fancy, low carb, and gluten free. And simple. Riiiight.

I have a lot of eggs. I'm still working through the leftovers of a 15doz case of eggs. And so something using those would be good. And that hunk of goat cheese gouda that I was given at new years. Oh, and those mushrooms that really needed to get used. QUICHE!

A nut crust is really easy, gluten free, and low carb. I started off using pecans, but I started throwing in whatever nuts happened to be in the house into the food processor, and it tends to give it some depth.


NUT CRUST:
1 c chopped pecans
1 c chopped walnuts
1/2 c almonds
2 eggs
1 T butter
2 T almond or rice flour

Preheat the oven to 425. Puree nuts in food processor, until they don't get any more fine. Mix with eggs, melted butter, and flour. Press into pie pan, and bake for 15 min

BACON, MUSHROOM, & GOUDA QUISCHE
2 c shredded gouda
1/2 c diced mushrooms
4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
5 eggs
1 1/2 c heavy whipping cream

Preheat the oven to 375. Mix ingredients well, pour into crust. Bake for 35-45 min, or until the center is set. Let cool for 15 min before cutting.

No comments:

Post a Comment